Principal ELIA & LGM | ELIA Director | Architect | Brisbane
Lester is founding partner of ELIA Architecture and LGM Architecture and has expertise in all facets of architectural practice from pre-design to project completion, with special emphasis on design. He has experience in a wide range of projects including commercial, residential (individual homes, low-rise townhouses and high-rise residential), institutional buildings and tourist projects.
Being innovative and responsive, Lester ‘listens’ to clients so as to satisfy their design requirements, whilst still providing projects on time and on budget.
Lester’s design approach is to create the essence of cultural identity using contextual images and sympathetic materials. His understanding of heritage values sets his work apart from his contemporaries, as he strives to create designs which will become unmistakable heritage buildings of the future.
- Since 1978
Qualifications & Registration
- Bachelor of Architecture (QUT)
- Registered Architect – Board of Architects Queensland
- Fellow – Australian Institute of Architects
- Australia, Malaysia & China
- RAIA Awards 2017 – Regional Award Toowoomba City Library (In association with James Cubitt Architects + Peddle Thorp)
- RAIA Awards 2009 – Regional Award Len Patti Mitsubishi Showroom
- RAIA Awards 2008 – Regional Award McNab Construction Offices
- RAIA Awards 2004 – Regional Award Namoi Cotton Professional Offices
- RAIA Awards 2001 – Regional Award Highfields Tavern
- RAIA Awards 2000 – Regional Award Warehouse Larder & Café
- RAIA Awards 1998 – Regional Award Highfields Cultural Centre
- RAIA Awards 1996 – Regional Award Peters’ Residence
- James Hardie Design Awards Composite House Construction 1992
- James Hardie Design Awards Composite House Construction 1991
- James Hardie Design Awards Composite House Construction 1988
- Australian Architecture Student Design Competition Finalist 1986
4/109 Herries Street, PO Box 547, Toowoomba QLD 4350, Australia
+61 7 4632 0200